COURSE DESCRIPTION (as described by the American Heart Association):
This course has been designed to teach an evidence-based approach to resuscitation of the newborn. The causes, prevention, and management of mild to severe neonatal asphyxia are carefully explained so that health professionals may develop optimal knowledge and skill in resuscitation.
Providers are required to self-study the NRP Textbook, and complete the online examination through HealthStream within 30 days before attending a Integrated Skills Station/Megacode.
Instructor-learner contact is focused on interactive learning, immersive simulation, and constructive debriefing. The course consists of the Performance Skills Station, an Integrated Skills Station, and Simulation and Debriefing.
- The Performance Skills Station provides an opportunity to practice or review technical hands-on resuscitation skills with instructor assistance.
- The Integrated Skills Station allows the instructor to facilitate more than one scenario and evaluate the learner’s readiness for simulation and debriefing. The instructor will not coach, assist, or interrupt during a scenario.
- Simulation and Debriefing is now a required component of an NRP course. It provides team members with a safe setting in which to integrate cognitive and technical skills and focus on team communication and patient safety
- Read the 2015 Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th edition
- Complete and pass the NRP online examination (www.aap.org/nrp)
- Online Testing – $29.00 (through HealthStream)
- Integrated Skills Station/Megacode – $70.00
- 2015 Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Edition - Available through www.AAP.org/NRP
This program is offered by Life Ed. Contact hours will be provided by American Academy of Pediatrics upon successful completion of the online testing.
A NRP provider card will be issued upon successful completion of the Integrated Skills Station/Megacode
COURSE REGISTRATION ENDS 72 HOURS (EXCLUDING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY) PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE
If you are an employee of one of the following hospitals click on the location for further information
ALL OTHERS CLICK HERE TO