COURSE DESCRIPTION (as described by the American Heart Association):
ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- All participants must have a copy of the new American Heart Association 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual
- All participants must complete a pre-course self-assessment test and bring it to the class to be admitted
- ACLS Full Provider – $195
- ACLS Update (Formerly Renewal) (2nd day only) – $145*
- American Heart Association 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual – $52
*All Update (Renewal) students must show proof of a current AHA ACLS card
This program is offered by Life Ed. Provider approved by the California Board of registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP11164, for 16 contact hours for full provider and 8 contact hours for Update (renewal)
A certificate will be issued upon completion of the course. The ACLS provider eCard will be issued via email from the AHA no later than 12:00 p.m. the first business day following the course.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional material for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.
If you are an employee of one of the following hospitals click on the location for further information