Huntington Hospital employees are eligible to have the ACLS Update course paid for by the hospital, if you work in one of the following units, and you take the course at Huntington Hospital:
CARDIOLOGY, CATH LAB, CCU, CLINICAL RESEARCH, CTU, DOU, EMERGENCY, GI SERVICES, L&D, PACU, PHRU, RADIOLOGY, RESPIRATORY THERAPY, 4W MEDICAL TELEMETRY, 5W MEDICAL/SURGICAL TELEMETRY, MED/TELE STATION 45, PRE/POST-OP SURGICAL, AND NEUROSCIENCES STROKE CENTER
If your unit is not covered, you may still attend an ACLS course at Huntington Hospital for the staff price. Any Huntington Hospital employee attending an ACLS course at a facility other than at Huntington Hospital must pay full price.
A HeartCode® BLS Course is offered prior to most ACLS Courses. You are eligible to register for the HeartCode® BLS Course only if you are enrolled in the ACLS Course on the same day. Huntington Hospital will pay for you to attend the course if it is mandatory for your position.
The HeartCode® BLS Course has two components: an online portion (completed prior to coming to class) and an instructor-led classroom portion (completed on the day you register for).
Requirements for Component 1- the online portion, are that the student MUST:
- Obtain a course key to access the online portion from Huntington Hospital’s Workforce Development.
- Successfully complete the online portion prior to attending the instructor-led classroom portion.
- Print the certificate of completion at the end of the online portion and bring it with you to class.
If you are taking the HeartCode BLS and ACLS classes on the same day, you only need to register once (at the bottom of this page). Make sure the choose the option for both courses on the registration page.
Physicians are not paid for by Huntington Hospital.
If you are a Huntington Hospital employee, and you have any questions about eligibility for a course, please contact Karen Larkins at (626) 397-2020.
Huntington Hospital staff prices for ACLS courses taken at Huntington Hospital:
- Huntington Hospital ACLS Update (Formerly Renewal) – Not mandated/covered by unit – $100*
- American Heart Association 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual - $52
Prices for ACLS courses taken at all other facilities:
- ACLS Full Provider – $200
- ACLS Update (Formerly Renewal) (2nd day only) – $150*
- FOR CLASSES THROUGH JANUARY 31, 2022 – American Heart Association 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual – $52
- FOR CLASSES STARTING FEBRUARY 1, 2021 - American Heart Association 2020 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual - $55
*All Update students must show proof of a current AHA ACLS card
UPCOMING ACLS UPDATE COURSES
TO BE HELD AT HUNTINGTON HOSPITAL
2020: November 20 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course) and December 1 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course)
2021: January 21 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), January 23, January 25 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), February 10, February 16 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), March 10 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), March 20, April 14 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), April 15, May 12, May 19 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), June 8 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), June 22, July 10, July 23 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), August 12, September 17, October 15, October 20 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course), November 17 (No HeartCode BLS prior to course) and December 9
All Huntington Hospital Employees MUST also register on Net Learning in order to be enrolled in the class
COURSE REGISTRATION ENDS 72 HOURS (EXCLUDING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY) PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE