Huntington Hospital employees are eligible to have the ACLS course paid for by the hospital, if you work in one of the following units, and you take the course at Huntington Hospital:
CARDIOLOGY, CATH LAB, CCU, CLINICAL RESEARCH, CTU, DOU, EMERGENCY, GI SERVICES, L&D, PACU, PHRU, RADIOLOGY, RESPIRATORY THERAPY, 4W MEDICAL TELEMETRY, 5W MEDICAL/SURGICAL TELEMETRY, MED/TELE STATION 45, PRE/POST-OP SURGICAL, AND NEUROSCIENCES STROKE CENTER
Huntington Hospital will only pay for the provider course (2 days) if you have never taken the course before. Otherwise, Huntington Hospital will only pay for you to attend the Update (Formerly Renewal) course (day 2). If you would like to attend both days, you are responsible for a $40 fee. If your unit is not covered, you may still attend an ACLS course at Huntington Hospital for a special staff price. Any Huntington Hospital employee attending an ACLS course at a facility other than at Huntington Hospital must pay full price.
A HeartCode® BLS Course is offered on Day 2 prior to most ACLS Courses (Beginning January 27, 2017). You are eligible to register for the HeartCode® BLS Course only if you are enrolled in the ACLS Course on the same day. Huntington Hospital will pay for you to attend the course if it is mandatory for your position.
The HeartCode® BLS Course has two components: an online portion (completed prior to coming to class) and an instructor-led classroom portion (completed on the day you register for).
Requirements for Component 1- the online portion, are that the student MUST:
- Obtain a course key to access the online portion from Huntington Hospital’s Workforce Development.
- Successfully complete the online portion prior to attending the instructor-led classroom portion.
- Print the certificate of completion at the end of the online portion and bring it with you to class.
If you are taking the HeartCode BLS and ACLS classes on the same day, you only need to register once (at the bottom of this page). Make sure the choose the option for both courses on the registration page.
Physicians are not paid for by Huntington Hospital.
If you are a Huntington Hospital employee, and you have any questions about eligibility for a course, please contact Karen Larkins at (626) 397-2020.
Huntington Hospital staff prices for ACLS courses taken at Huntington Hospital:
- Huntington Hospital ACLS Full Provider – Not mandated/covered by unit – $140
- Huntington Hospital ACLS Update (Formerly Renewal) (2nd day only) – Not mandated/covered by unit – $100*
- Huntington Hospital ACLS Update (Formerly Renewal) student covered by unit and attending both days – $40
- American Heart Association 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual - $52
Prices for ACLS courses taken at all other facilities:
- ACLS Full Provider – $195
- ACLS Update (Formerly Renewal) (2nd day only) – $145*
- American Heart Association 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual – $52
*All Update students must show proof of a current AHA ACLS card
UPCOMING ACLS COURSES
TO BE HELD AT HUNTINGTON HOSPITAL
-2nd day of each date listed below is the Update (Formerly Renewal) Class-
2019: May 15 & 16, June 1 (Update Only), July 25 (Update Only), August 14 & 15, September 21 (Update Only), October 9 (Update Only), November 9 (Update Only) and December 12 (Update Only)
All Huntington Hospital Employees MUST also register on Net Learning in order to be enrolled in the class